The Maui Native Hawaiian Chamber of Commerce adopted the “Ko`i” as a symbol of commerce and work ethic.
Our mission as a Chamber is to promote and sustain our Hawaiian Culture, nurturing a strong community of Hawaiian Values and to enhance opportunities for success in business and education.
- Improve the standing of Native Hawaiians in business by cooperation, coordination, and exchange of information.
- Offer members benefits, information, and the opportunity to serve others.
- Increase membership and involve them in the work of the chamber.
- Focus on the benefits available to Native Hawaiians from business, education, government, community, culture and housing.
- Provide leadership, counsel, and assistance in achieving these Objectives.
Chair: Teri Freitas Gorman
Kuleana: Provide leadership, determine board meeting agendas, serve as decision-makers in between board meetings
Communications & Member Services Committee
Kuleana: Serve our members by adding value to their membership; recruit new members; increase awareness of MNHCoC through high quality marketing and communications programs
Member Events Committee
Chair: Pua Canto
Members: Shirley Blackburn, Kai DuPonte, Shelly Maddigan, Ron Vaught
Cultural Advisors: Kahu Lyons Naone, Kimokeo Kapahulehua
Kuleana: Program, organize and produce excellent member/community events including monthly dinners/socials and the Annual Holomua Business Fest
Resource Development Committee
Chair: Kai Pelayo
Kuleana: Oversee financial performance and liaise with MNHCoC Foundation; build resources through grants, sponsorships, strategic partnerships, etc. and increase the chamber’s visibilty with civic and business leaders throughout Hawaiʻi.
Would you like to serve on a committee?
If you would like to serve on a committee, please let us know:
MNHCoC contact form